Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ETUNAGARAM TOUR ( EPISODE - 09 )

Bus Conductor: - Sir, this bus will stop here in this stoppage for 10 minutes. You can freshen yourself here. We will take another 1 hour to reach Etunagaram.

Prady: - ok. Sure.

Arindam: - Hmm…they have stopped the bus at the right time. Nature is calling me very strongly. I need to search for a Sulabh Complex.

Prady: - This is not Kolkata, that everywhere there will be a Sulabh Complex. Find the appropriate bushes and release all the pressures of your urinary blood on it. Don’t expect any ‘Pay & Use’ toilet in this village bus stop.

Arindam: - Ok, I will do the needful. In the meanwhile, you just buy two half-litre bottles of Thums-Up and two packets of Kurkure. I am feeling thirsty in this heat.

Prady: - Ok, ok, I will buy those.

**********************

Prady: - There are so many beautiful sceneries, I can see outside this window. I should have bought a digital camera before coming for this tour. I am missing a camera in this tour. The sad part is that we will have no pictures of this tour.

Arindam: - Yeah, yeah, that’s true. We are missing a camera.

Prady: - Accha, Baccha went with you at the Mobile Store of Secunderabad to buy your new mobile handset, right?

Arindam: - Hmm…it was a rainy day of August 2008. The roads were waterlogged. But, still, we went to different shops to buy this mobile handset. It is now out of market. After bargaining, I bought this handset at 3750 bucks. This model is of Samsung only. The model name is J210. I bought another extra 2 MB memory chip for 300 bucks. So, in total, my expense was 4050 bucks.

Prady: - It also has a camera with it. I can see the lens in your mobile handset.

Arindam: - Yeah, this handset can be used as camera also, but I have never used it. I am yet to read the manuals. The shop-owner of the mobile store was saying that it has a camera of 2 mega pixels.

Prady: - Hey dude, it is more than enough for this tour. Give me the handset. Let me click some pictures.

Arindam: - Hmm…I have never clicked any picture with this mobile handset. Ok, try it. If the picture quality is good, then I will use this mobile handset to click all the valuable moments of this tour.

Prady: - Wow, this mobile handset is not bad. You should not underestimate the quality of 2 Mega Pixels camera. The picture quality is good. Look here, I have just clicked the photo of that hillock from this window. The photo is really looking good.

Arindam: - Hey look there, there are so many sheep grazing on the fields. My goodness, I have never seen such a big flock of sheep in my life. At least, 1000 sheep are grazing together.

Prady: - It was just a sample. Now, look in this field. There are several sheep. I think that a major percentage of sheep get supplied to major cities or towns of Andhra Pradesh from this region only. The climate of this region is very well suited to do Sheep breeding. Basically, what we eat as mutton in the big restaurants of Hyderabad or Secunderabad are nothing, but the meat of these sheep only. The Goat’s meat or Khashi meat is regarded as mutton only in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.

Arindam: - Arrey, this bus has stopped here in this stoppage. This is a market place of this village. Look at that Co-operative society office. Outside that office, they have kept so many sacks, filled with rice. They have kept those rice sacks (Chaaler basta) outside only, under the Sun. If it rains heavily, all the rice will become rotten. Can’t they keep these rice sacks inside a granary house, with proper roofs?

Prady: - Aah…this is Andhra Pradesh, not West Bengal. Here, rainfall occurs hardly once in a year and that too in the month of August or September. In the remaining months, there are no risks at all. That’s why; they have kept all the rice sacks outside only.

No comments:

Post a Comment