Sunday, May 9, 2010

ETUNAGARAM TOUR ( EPISODE - 01 )

Bibhuti: - Anna, these people want to go to St. Mary Ann College.

Auto driver: - Yes, I will leave them, but, I will take 25 bucks.

Arindam: - Ok, no problem.

Prady: - Bye Bibhuti. I will call you at your mobile phone after I reach there.

Bibhuti: - Yeah, yeah, ok. Best of luck to both of you. Bye.

*********************

Arindam: - Your younger brother is really expert in cooking chicken curry. I never expected that I will be able to eat the Bengali style chicken curry in Chennai and that too in your younger brother’s house. People of Chennai do not eat chicken or mutton at all, especially the Tamil Brahmins.

Prady: - for your kind information, all men in our family are expert in cooking. You have a wrong perception that Tamil Brahmins don’t eat Chicken or mutton. Nowadays, the Tamil Brahmins are more non-vegetarians than the Tamil non-Brahmins, he he he…

Arindam: - Is Bibhuti, your own younger brother?

Prady: - No, he is the son of my uncle.

Arindam: - What is he doing in Chennai? He is working in HCL Technologies, that is fine, but he should have tried to take posting at other cities. Chennai is too hot and it is also a very boring city except that Marina Beach.

Prady: - Yeah, he is trying his level best. Recently, he has cleared two rounds of interview in L&T InfoTech. There is a chance that he will also crack the final HR Interview round. If he gets the job in L&T InfoTech, then his posting will be in Mumbai. At least the climate of Mumbai is not as hot as of Chennai.

Auto driver: - Sir, we have reached St. Mary Ann College.

***********************

Prady: - My goodness, I never expected that so many candidates are interested to give this competitive examination.

Arindam: - Oops, I am also feeling the same. We thought that there will be few candidates appearing for the written exam of ‘Management Trainee’ post in IDBI Bank. It’s a total loss, boss. IDBI Bank has not allotted any examination seat in Hyderabad. So, we have come a long way to Chennai to appear for the written exam. We wasted money, time and energy, and now we are feeling frustrated by seeing so much competitors. Also, we are not so well prepared to attempt even 70% of the questions within the time of 2 hours.

Prady: - Anyway, let us give the written exam. My seat is in Block-A only. See you after the exam.

***********************

Prady: - Hey, how was your exam?

Arindam: - As usual, it is just satisfactory. There was negative marking. So, I attempted only 95 questions out of 200. Within those 95 questions, maybe, 8 questions will go wrong. So, there is a chance that I will get 85 out of 200, which is just above the pass percentage of 40%.

Prady: - Yeah, I have also followed the same strategy. I attempted 110 questions. Let’s hope for the best. Boss, I am feeling too much stressed out at my job and also feeling frustrated by appearing in these written competitive exams. I am yet to crack in any written competitive examination till now.

Arindam: - Arrey, don’t be so frustrated. We can go for a tour to Kawal forest, after returning to Hyderabad. That tour will decrease our stress and frustration.

Prady: - ok, done. We will surely plan a jungle tour. But, now, we need to go to Chennai Railway station. In the opposite side of that station, there are many booking counters for A/C & Non-A/C Volvo Buses.

No comments:

Post a Comment